Living in the Present Moment



So I ended my day yesterday very concerned about what I was going to do this morning. Actually I was agonizing over it. Would I go to my favorite 7:30am yoga class or would I get an early start in the garden. I was really feeling bad about having to make the decision. I was adding stress to the end of the evening and I finally decided that I'd wait until the next morning to decide.
When I woke up the next morning it was raining so I had no choice. I went to yoga. So why didn't I follow my own advice, what I always talk about, living in the present moment, the now. If I did that I wouldn't have even thought about the next day, I would have just enjoyed the end of my evening, peacefully. Instead I kept thinking I want to go to yoga because I enjoy that class and instructor,(plus I have to fit into the dress that I bought for my son's wedding) but then I really have so much that I want to do in the garden. And on and on and on, that little voice in my head creating a useless dialogue and stealing the present moment. I could have spent my energy reading or doing something else I enjoy. As it turned out all that going back and forth was for nothing. Everything worked out just as it should, I had a wonderful yoga class that gave me so much peace and energy to spend the rest of the day working in my garden. I finished planting some hanging baskets and I did some dead heading of my peonies, weeded, all good stuff. Actually I finished everything that I wanted to do and more, I went to a great yoga class!!
I am not even going to think about what I am going to do or have to do tomorrow. I am just going to let what shows up happen, enjoying tonight, the present moment, knowing that everything is just as it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS