More Recipes on the way

I tried to explain to my mother that I was making her and her recipes a star in my blog but I don't think she understood what I meant by a blog. So I just told her it was like writing an article but on the computer. She was so excited to share her favorite recipes that she is writing some down for me. When I called her the other day to get her recipe for tomato sauce(I want the exact amounts that can be measured, not just a little bit or to taste, some of her favorite measurements) she was busy making what else her sauce and meatballs. And a blueberry pie. If she had time she was going to make a chocolate cake too. Her granddaughter-in-law and three great-grandchildren were coming for lunch. In my family we eat just meatballs in sauce with just some bread to soak up the wonderful sauce for lunch. Skip the spaghetti, the bread is the only carbs you need.
Over the phone my mother was sharing her secrets about making a great sauce. Remember simmer your sauce for a long time, she tells me, the flavors need to cook together, don't rush the sauce it doesn't taste as good. She is right, anytime I tried to make a quick sauce, I could taste the difference. And the secret to her meatballs that are so tender they melt when you eat them, she bakes them in the oven just until they are halfway cooked, then she finishes cooking the meatballs in the sauce. My mother has all these different ways to bring out the best in all she makes. After all she has been cooking for eighty eight years and she learned from the best.
I think one of the reasons that my Mother is such a good cook is that she thinks that making a wonderful meal is easy. She doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. You just put some ingredients together and presto you have a delicious meal in no time.
As soon as I get her finished recipes I will post them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party