Applelicious Cupcakes

Applelicious Cupcakes

Channeling June Cleaver

Channeling June Cleaver

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Outrageous Peach Pie

I have a little problem. I was going to make this pie, take a picture and post it to show how delicious this peach pie is but I have only one person share the pie with, my husband! I do enjoy cooking but I love to bake. I could bake all day, cakes, pies, pastries, you name it, I'm there. My problem is unless I have company etc, I don't have enough people at my house to eat all these backed goods! So I just will share the recipe today but next time I will bake and take a picture! Maybe I can through a baking party and have everyone come and eat up all that I baked!
This is a sinful pie so rich and delicious. I love peaches, fresh or cooked in pastry. Growing up my grandparents had peach trees and the fruit was wonderful. When we moved into the house that I grew up in we had a peach tree and I loved picking and eating the fruit that this tree produced.

Outrageous Peach Pie

Pastry
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter
2-3 Tbsp apple cider or water


Filling
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter


 Pastry:  Combine flour, sugar , cinnamon and salt in large bowl. With pastry blender cut in butter to consistency of coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle apple cider over, one tablespoon at a time, mix to moisten pastry mixture evenly. Press dough into ball. Roll out on lightly floured surface into a 11 inch round. Fit into a 9 inch pie plate. Fold extra dough at edge into a rim and flute or crimp a raised edge.
Filling: Combine sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, egg and vanilla. Add slice peaches and stir well. Pour into pastry lined pie plate. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
Topping: Mix brown sugar, flour and butter until combined. When pie is done baking remove from over cover with topping. Reduce over heat to 375F and bake for 20 minutes.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

boccardo said...

Sounds yummy. I am going to give it a try.