Beautiful Old Fashion English Roses

I've always loved Old Fashion English Roses. Not only the fresh blooms but the beautiful images of these roses in photos, on fabric patterns, plates and more. For some reason it took me a long time to plant the roses in my garden. Finally three years ago I ordered David Austin Old Fashion English Roses in five varieties and my only regret is that I waited so long to make this spectacular addition to my garden.
I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and saw what the roses looked like shipped bare rooted. I didn't expect much the first year. Following the directions I soaked the roots over night. Just by chance I was speaking with a knowledgeable gardener and she mentioned that I should cut the roses back to a foot high after planting . I was very skeptical but she assured me that the roses would do better the first year if I followed her instruction. I did and she was right. I had lovely blooms the first year and for the past two seasons. Each summer season I am dazzled by the beautiful blooms and wonderful fragrance of my roses.  And each year the roses get bigger and bigger. I planted my roses, where else, but in front of  a white picket fence. With very little care and fuss my roses bloom continuously from late spring into fall. The only attention required is rose fertilizer once a month and weekly dead heading, all worth waking up each day to these beauties in my garden. I have received so much beauty and enjoyment with so little work!
Next year I am definitely going to add more of Old Fashion Roses to my garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS