Easy Mushroom and Rice Soup

Now that the weather is changing and for the past three days the weather has been rainy and damp my thoughts turn to nice hot soup. I like to make this easy recipe for a tasty Mushroom and Rice Soup. And the soup is very filling and healthy.

Mushroom and Rice Soup
2 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic. crushed
2 Tbs olive oil
8 oz of sliced mushrooms, either white or baby portobello, you choose your favorite
1 cup Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley
2 32 oz boxes Organic low sodium chicken broth
Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add slice mushrooms, continue sauteing for an additional 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil. Add rice and lower heat, cover simmering for about 45 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
If you want you can add cooked chicken to make a hearty soup or leave it vegetarian.

That's it done. I freeze this soup and have wonderful homemade soup always ready for those days when you just need a nice hot bowel of soup.(Really nice after hot yoga!)  I  love soup but find that soup in restaurants can have too much salt. So I never order soup out instead of come up with low sodium, flavorful soups that I make at home. Using low sodium broth I can control the sodium content and by adding seasonings to my soups increase the flavor with out adding salt.

Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party