Apple Crumb Cake
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup oil
1 cup orange juice
3 large eggs (4 if small)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Apples peeled and slice
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease tube pan and set aside. Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place in a large mixing bowel and make a well.
2. Combine oil, orange juice, eggs and vanilla. Pour into center of well and beat for three minutes.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon for apple filling and set aside.
4. Pour third of batter into prepared pan, add half sliced apples and half cinnamon-sugar. Cover with half the remaining batter. Top with remaining apples then cinnamon-sugar. Add remaining batter on top.
5. Combine ingredients for crumb topping blending until thoroughly combined.
6. Sprinkle over cake. Bake 1 hour and 1/2 or until tester comes out clean.
7. Cool for 1 hour before removing from tube pan.
Serve with Vanilla ice cream or just plain.