Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yesterday after a day of marathon baking, I thought I give it a try to create a really sinfully fudgy chocolate chip cookie. I wanted the cookie crisp on the outside and chewy inside. I am so pleased with the result and I am happy to share it with you. It was fun to experiment with this cookie and if it didn't work out I was ready to try again! I think the next time I make these cookies I will melt some white chocolate, drizzle over the cookies to make a more festive presentation.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4(1 oz) squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans(optional)  I didn't add the nuts.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Stir flour with baking soda and salt: set aside. Beat butter with sugars at medium speed until creamy,  add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until combined.
Gradually mix in melted chocolate at low speed.

Stir dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts(optional).  Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes to 11 minutes.  Don't over bake. Cookies should be soft and fudgy inside.

More cookie recipes to come later this week!

Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS