Oatmeal Cherry Rounds



These Oatmeal Cherry Rounds are easy to make, simply delicious, and add a festive look to any cookie collection. If you are a cookie virgin I would suggest these Oatmeal cookies as a great first cookie to bake.  I used red cherries, you can use red and green cherries or a pecan in the center is also nice.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick cook)
1/4 cup sugar
1 package(4 oz) red cherries

Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until well mixed. Combine dry ingredients and add to cream mixture, stir in oats.  Shape dough into small balls and roll in sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cut cherries in half and press half in center of ball pressing down to flatten cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

I do love to bake cookies and yes they do take time to make but so worth all your effort. My fondest memories of Christmas are helping my mother bake. One of my jobs was use my grandmother's cast iron single pizzelli mold. My mother, as she still does today at 88, would make the dough and then it was my job to hold the mold on the stove and cook on each side just until the cookie was done. The mold only made one cookie at a time. I still have the retired mold.

Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS