Yellow Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting




I am on the quest  for the perfect yellow cake recipe. A beautiful high cake that is light and fluffy.  I tried this recipe from Cooks Illustrated Spring Entertaining called Fluffy Yellow Layer Cake.  In the Cooks Illustrated tradition this recipe is trying to prefect a yellow cake recipe to rival the height obtained by box cakes which are loaded with additives to achieve a light and high rising cake. Cooks version as you can see turned out high and was light but the cake had 10 tablespoon of butter and 3 tablespoon of oil. Definitely a special occasion cake. I have some other recipes to try in my search for the perfect yellow cake and I will share my results.  As I have said before I love to bake, I could bake all day long.  I frosted this cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing and I have shared the recipe. The cake recipe is available at the Cooks Illustrated web site if you join the site.




Chocolate Fudge  Frosting
1 pkg( 6 oz) Semi Sweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup light cream
1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla 
2 1/2 cup  powdered sugar.

In a medium sauce pan combine chocolate, cream, butter and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.  Put powder sugar in large bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until spreadable. To hasten thickening, put bowl in a pan of ice and water while stirring or refrigerate frosting until  begins to thicken.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party