Gorgonzola Stuffed Eggs




Ah delicious deviled eggs! I remember my mother making wonderful deviled eggs when I was young and I loved eating these eggs ever since. I used to make basic stuffed eggs, mayonnaise, died mustard, paprika etc, boring! I started experimenting with different ingredients to spice up my eggs. For Easter dinner I used Gorgonzola cheese and I must tell you these eggs were a hit. Everyone, even people who claim not to be stuffed egg eaters(they didn't know what they were missing) loved these eggs. I am happy to share my recipe with you and hope you convert some non stuffed egg eaters with these wonderful treats.  You can find lovely egg plates that are functional as well as decorative!

Gorgonzola Stuffed Eggs

12 eggs, hard boiled
2 teaspoon gourmet mustard
1 teaspoon capers, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
6 Kalamata olives, slice in fourths making 24 pieces

Cut eggs length wise and remove yolk.  Place yolk in medium size mixing bowl reserving egg white.
Add mustard, capers, pepper, and cheese mashing until mixed.  Combine milk and mayonnaise until smooth adding to egg mixture. Mix with an electric mixer (a hand mixer works well) until smooth.  Fill reserved egg white mounding the filling or you can put into pastry bag and fill eggs. Top each egg with a slice olive.

Simple, easy and delicious!

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party