Curried Chickpea and Tofu Salad



I love chickpeas, adding to salads, stew, sauces and a plus is that chickpeas are a good source of protein.  Combining tofu with chickpeas not only adds interesting texture to this salad but added protein. As I've always shared I love to find healthy recipes that also taste good, low in fat and high in protein. My Curried Chickpea and Tofu salad fits all my requirements.  I've enjoy tofu dishes in oriental restaurants unfortunately I haven't incorporated tofu into my home cooking. Looking for a way to add more tofu in my diet I came up with this recipe. What I like about this recipe is it is easy to make, can be made ahead, looks wonderful and fits well into summer meals.

Enjoy!

Curried Chickpea and Tofu Salad

3 15 to 15 1/2-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon curry or to taste
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 bunch green onions, sliced, just white bulbs
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1 cup firm tofu, cubed
Romain lettuce

Put chickpeas in mixing bowl. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, curry, and garlic.
Add carrots and tofu to chickpeas.  Toss lemon juice mixture with chickpeas and carrots.  Line dish or glass bowl with lettuce. Place chickpeas and tofu mixture on top.  Chill for four hours or more to allow flavors to combine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party