Grilled Cornish Game Hens




Sunday I had an urge to grill Cornish Game Hens. A very easy but a tasty Sunday dinner. I served them with grilled vegetables, fresh corn and a salad.  From my mother I learned to be very fussy when cleaning any type of poultry. First I split the hens, cutting not on the breast side but the back side, butterflying the birds. I like to first put sea salt in the cavity of the bird for about 10 minutes. I then thoroughly rinsed the hens. I then but the birds in a large bowl and covered with water. I added one sliced lemon, four sliced garlic cloves, a tablespoon of sea salt, a teaspoon fresh ground pepper, 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil, a tablespoon fresh rosemary, and a tablespoon thyme. I refrigerate for two hours to let the hens become flavorful.
Heat grill to medium. Drain hens and pat dry. Rub a little olive oil on the breast of hens, season with chopped basil, rosemary, pepper and thyme. Place hens on grill breast side up.  Grilled cover turning every ten minutes for about 35 - 45 minutes. Juices should run clear from hens.
Place some seasonal vegetables in a grill pan, season with fresh herbs and garlic.  Cook for about 20-25 minutes.

An easy, simple heat beating summer dinner.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party