Summer Farmer's Market Dinner




Wednesdays find me at the wonderful Dedham Farm Market to choice the simple ingredients for a delicious easy meal. Today I was not disappointed with all that I purchased at the Farm Market. Luscious purple peppers, sweetly flavored Thai eggplant, just picked corn, plump tomatoes, bursting blueberries, spicy lettuce, leaping off the boat fish, and more.  Once home I quickly made a simply delicious evening meal.

Mussels in white wine sauce, fresh corn, grilled zucchini and swordfish.
For the mussels I just sautéed garlic and shallots in 2 tablespoon olive oil for five minutes. Add 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 cup white wine, 1 tablespoon each basil and thyme. Cook on low for another five minutes. Add 2 pounds mussels cover and simmer on low until mussels open about 10 minutes.

I purchased small ball shaped zucchini and cut in half. Spray lightly with pam, season with fresh basil, thyme and oregano. Place on hot grill and cook for 15 minutes.

For the swordfish I just drizzled with fresh lemon juice, seasoned both sides with Chesapeake bay seafood seasoning, grilling for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party