Garlicky Baby Bela Mushroom Soup with Brown Rice



Making soup is so much fun on a cold wintry day especially when I use mushrooms. I make many different soups but I like this soup so much that I make it over and over changing a little here and a little there. Today I wanted the soup very flavorful add four cloves of garlic!  Garlic sauteing filled my kitchen, so delightful.


Baby Bela Garlic Mushroom Soup with Brown Rice

2 tablespoon olive oil with Myer lemon
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz baby Bela mushrooms, chopped
32 oz organic vegetable broth
2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
1/4 cup brown rice,  I used Trader Joe's Brown Rice Melody

Rinse mushrooms well and pat dry.  Heat olive oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat.  Add garlic sauteing for 5 minutes on low heat. Don't let garlic brown. Add mushrooms; continue sauteing for 10 minutes. Pour in  broth bring to a boil.  Add herbs and rice; cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.

Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party