Goat Cheese Egg Salad with Red Beets



I was in the mood for egg salad one day but not an ordinary egg salad so I just started mixing some of my favorite ingredients. If I do say so this turned out delicious. I will caution that this egg salad is very rich so just eat a smaller portion with a wonderful salad of fresh vegetables.  My philosophy has always been that you can eat well staying thin and fit if you use portion control of rich foods. I like to balance my meals with more greens and fresh vegetables less high caloric foods. If I make and eat a rich dish I watch my portion.  Also exercise is essential for staying fit and healthy. Find a physical activity that you enjoy to incorporate into the fabric of your day then you will always have time for exercise!  Back to food I do believe that presentation is so important even if you are eating alone, make it look good!  I made a colorful salad placing a small amount of egg salad in the center, drizzled some balsamic vinegar  for a beautiful and wonderfully tasting dish.  Did I mention so easy too!

Goat Cheese Egg Salad with Red Beets

4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon scallions, minced, just the white part
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup red beets, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a medium bowl, mix eggs and mayonnaise.  Add goat cheese  mixing until combined.  Add remaining ingredients.  Makes 4 small servings

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS