Edamame Hummus So Good and Healthy



I'm always looking for ways to make healthy tasty food. I love love food! All kinds. I truly believe that if you eat well in moderation adding healthy alternatives to your favorites you will be able to keep fit and trim. Oh, I can't forget exercise! Very important for a healthy life!   Edamame is a favorite of mine especially shelled edamame which I like to cook different ways. Today I made a humus from edamame which is just delicious! I like to serve as a dip with pita chips or make a filling sandwich on pita bread. I added lettuce, slice tomato, sliced radish and sliced cucumber.  Mmm tasty!




Enjoy!

Edamame Hummus

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 leeks, sliced, use only the white part
4 cups frozen edamame
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon  pepper

In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and leeks. Lower heat, cover cook until tender 5-7 minutes. Add edamame cook 5 minutes. Add broth cooking an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in tahini. Spoon into bowl of food processor.  Process until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party