Red Quinoa Chick Pea Salad with Tomato and Avocado




Delicious and healthy salads that are crunchy are my favorites. I think that I like to make theses salad extra crunchy to satisfy my craving for crunchy foods. Crunchy salads keep me away from nachos and chips! I used red quinoa which not only so healthy but it takes wonderful. I added chick peas (another favorite of mine), scallions and radishes to the quinoa then toasted with a lemony dressing. To serve I place the salad on greens surrounding with tomato and avocado.  So good so easy. You can also add to this salad to make it more filling by topping with drained canned tuna or grilled ahi tuna or shrimp. Just use your imagination and taste buds!

1/4 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Sesame Tahini
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Red Quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
4 scallions, slice, just the white ends
1/4 cup radishes
3 cups Romain lettuce leaves
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes

Combine first five ingredients in small bowl. Next toss with Quinoa. Add red pepper, chick peas, scallions, radishes gently combining. Place lettuce on a plate, top with Quinoa then place avocado and cherry tomatoes on top.

Enjoy!
http://www.gooddinnermrsmellen.com
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party