Three Cheese Mac and Cheese Salad



Warning Warning, this is not a low calorie salad. With that being said every once in a while you have to eat something sinfully rich, high in calories and just plain yummy! Those of you who know me know that I do hot yoga three times a week, run 15-20 miles per week, weight train, boot camp and I love to work in my garden, hard. So it's not like I am a couch potato, stuffing my face with chocolates!  Every so often I love to each something that's totally fattening without any guilt or fear. I just plain savory the dish and move on.  Oh, don't forget it is about portion control too, I just eat a little.  This Three Cheese Mac and Cheese Salad I serve in the summer with other salads that are more healthy, lower in fat and calories giving my guest the option.  I must again warn that this salad is additive.  When I mentioned to my daughter another yogi and runner that I was going to blog this salad she said oh I remember that salad very well!

1 box of elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise ( I like mayonnaise made with olive oil)
1/2 cup milk (regular or low fat)
2 tablespoon dry mustard
1 bunch scallions, chopped, just the white part
1 cup celery chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
three hard boiled eggs, sliced in half
paprika

Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain macaroni and place immediately in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil. Add three cheese one at time, stirring to combine after each addition. Continue to stir until cheeses are melted and mixed.  In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, milk and dry mustard. Pour on cheese and macaroni thoroughly combining.  Add scallions, celery and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed. Place eggs on top of macaroni and sprinkle with paprika.
Chill until ready to serve.  This is great to make a day head with the flavors intensifying as the salad chills.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party