Balsamic-roasted cauliflower



Roasting vegetables is my favorite method to savor the flavor of fresh vegetables.  I go against the school of cooking thought that veggies should be crisp, al dente,  pasta yes, my veggies no. Roasted, grilled, or sauteed are my standard cooking methods for vegetables.
I love this dish because the syrupy vinegar adds a wonderful flavor to the cauliflower.  I make this dish with either cauliflower or Brussels sprouts.  The toasted pecans add added texture and flavor to the dish.  I could go on and on about how yummy this tastes!

1 head cauliflower, break florets into bite size pieces or
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half through the center
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper black pepper
1 tablespoon syrupy balsamic vinegar, I like to use fig balsamic vinegar*

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a large bowl toss cauliflower with oil and pecans. Place cauliflower in baking dish. Add pecans. salt and pepper. Toss to combine.  Drizzle balsamic vinegar over cauliflower and toss again.

Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and browned.  Toss once again during roasting.  Serve hot.

Enjoy!

* You can make regular balsamic vinegar syrupy by boiling any good balsamic vinegar until it is reduced in half.

www.gooddinnermrsmellen.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

SEARED SCALLOPS

Mangia, Mangia!