Loving everything about Christmas I hope that like Scrooge people say of me "It was always said of her, that she knew how to keep Christmas well!"

My earliest memories are of my love of Christmas and the Holiday Season. Our family tradition growing up was that while we children sleep, Santa came bringing us our presents piled up under the biggest Christmas tree that I ever saw, we had twenty foot ceilings in our home. After we went to bed our parents would work into the early morning decorating our tree and putting together all our toys so that we awoke to a magical Christmas morning.  
As a young child I could not contain my excitement anticipating waking on Christmas morning to the joy that filled our home.  My parents were just as thrilled as we children to share our happiness on that special day.  After opening our presents, having breakfast, we piled into the family car off to visit all our grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, finally returning home for a Christmas feast that my mother loving prepared.  Thus started my love of Christmas and Christmas traditions.  
Even as I grew older I was the sibling that gravitated to carrying on family holiday traditions.  I helped my mother bake cookies, decked the halls, and wrap all the presents, even my own, I didn't peek!
When I got married, fortunately or maybe not so surprising the man I married love the Christmas holiday and we started our own family traditions that have lasted all these years later.  
So today for me marked the start of the Christmas Season, this year a little earlier than normal. Instead of the Sunday after Thanksgiving, today, I remove all my regular china from my dinning room cabinet, replacing with my Christmas China.  First I clean the glass china cabinet, then washed all the Christmas china, cleaned the crystal and silver before loving placing in my clean china cabinet. Next the dinning room crystal chandelier is cleaned until it just sparkles even without the lights on!  Ah, the start of another Christmas Season fills me with joy knowing that we, my family, will celebrate with joy the beauty and love of this wonderful time, all together again!
Next week the heavy duty decorating starts.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS