Red Velvet Heart Cookies
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon red food coloring
3 ounces white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon shortening
1. Preheat oven to 325F. In medium bowl sift flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside
2. Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Add red food coloring gently hand mixing until dough is red without any chocolate streaks.
3. Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth. On lightly floured surface, roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using a 1inch scalloped heart cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
5. In a small heavy saucepan cook and stir white chocolate and shortening over low hear until melted and smooth. Drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate. Let stand until white chocolate is set. Makes about 24 cookies.