Spicy Mexican Turkey Meatloaf on a Cold Winter day!



I don't know about you but when the temperature gets cold and the nights are long, I become famished.  Give me hearty, filling fare to make me nice and toasty!  No cold salad, or undressed veggies, I need substance!  I'm a throw back to my neanderthal ancestors, give me that extra layer of fat my body is telling me, eat up.  Unfortunately I work very hard to eat healthy and stay thin.  So I like to plan great hearty meals that satisfy my needs but are slimmed down in the calorie count.  A win win!

I find that spices especially a little spiciness goes a long way in tricking your palate into feeling very satisfied without adding needless fat or salt.  I created my spicy Mexican Turkey Meatloaf to be filling, tasting, and most importantly healthy.  It's like a Taco with out all the fat. 

1 lb ground lean turkey
1 egg
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 red pepper, chopped
1 bunch of scallions, chopped, white only
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
1 cup fresh salsa, medium
1/2 cup shredded four cheese Mexican blend

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the salsa and cheese. Shape into loaf.  Place in baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.  Remove from over top with salsa and cheese; continue baking for 5 minutes more.

I like to serve with guacamole, sour cream, and warmed soft corn taco shells.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party