Healthy Homemade Granola




I love Granola for breakfast combined with blueberries and Greek yogurt.  Lately I've become concerned with how much sugar store bought granola contains.  So I decided to make my own version with less sugar tasting just as flavorful.

Homemade Granola

2 cup regular Oats, not quick
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon healthy oil, I use olive
1 teaspoon of vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Preheat oven 300 F.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl, tossing until thoroughly combined.  Place in sallow baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.  Cool before pointing in a air tight container.  I like to store in refrigerator to keep fresh.

You can change up this recipe by adding an assortment of nuts and seeds or use other dried fruits.  If you like cinnamon add a tablespoon for additional flavor

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party