Pine Nut, Tomato and Cucumber salad
Can't get enough of salads, neither can I. Nor can I ever say no to delicious fresh picked tomatoes. Ah, this tomato and cucumber salad capture the essence of summer, cool, crisp and fresh. I've added a little spice and crunch to the mix creating a refreshing salad that compliments meat or fish.
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound gourmet cherry tomatoes, slice in quarters
- 1 thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium scallions, dark green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno chile, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Arrange tomato and cucumber slices on a platter. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes and cucumbers, and top with scallions, chile, and pine nuts . Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Can be made a day ahead. Refrigerate until serving then drizzle with dressing.