Simply Delicious Cucumbers and Tomato Salad




I love fresh tomatoes right off the vine. Each year I buy a patio cherry tomato plant to enjoy the luscious taste of fresh tomatoes. I'm always amazed at the bounty of fruits that this little plant produces just for me to enjoy. So fresh and tasty I just want to pop them in my mouth as I pick the ripen tomatoes. Cucumbers and tomatoes are a wonderful combination of flavor and texture that goes perfectly together without adding too many other ingredients. For a easy, simple salad of cucumbers and tomatoes I just added a little fresh basil, feta, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice sprinkled with salt and pepper, so simple, so delicious.

Ingredients

1/2 cup lettuce, I used spring greens
1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut in slivers
1/4 cup feta
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper

Place greens around edge of plate. Fill center area with cucumbers, top with tomatoes, basil, and feta. Combine olive oil and lemon juice, pour over salad. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. 

Enjoy!
gooddinnermrsmellen.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS