End of the Summer Vegetable Roast



As summer ends in New England with cool mornings feeling like rich jewel colors, awaking, bursting like ripe grapes, I stroll through my town's farmers market on a mission to capture the last remnants of Summer's golden rays ripening garden fresh produce. No I am not disappointed as a choice, multi colored cherry tomatoes with dew glistening skin, deep hewed potatoes, red, purple and white, mini gems, soil crusted onions picked this morning and fresh herbs that I can smell even without bring to my nose. I am captivated by the array of gorgeous fresh product still available today. Leaving with my basket full and heavy I race home to create not only a delicious vegetable roast but a world class visual of Summer's best bounty!  

End of the Summer Vegetable Roast

8 oz multi color Gourmet potatoes
4 cups whole heirloom cherry tomatoes
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh thinly slice basil
1 tablespoon fresh French thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes


Preheat oven to 400 F. Place potatoes, tomatoes, onion and garlic in 2 quart baking dish. Drizzle olive oil on top. Add basil, thyme, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes on top. Stir to combine. 
Roast for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes just start to burst with juices flowing. 

Serve warm with fresh baked bread to soak up the heavenly juices. I could eat this for lunch or as a side dish. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party