Asparagus and Egg Sandwich

When I was young I spent many hours at my grandparents home - memories that I cherished. My grandparents, Theresa and Vincent came to American in the great immigration waves at the beginning of the 1900's from Italy. Along with their desires for a better life here they brought their love of food and preparing food. My passion for cooking began with these two wonderful people sitting in their kitchen as they prepared feast after feast for our family. Their cooking was so simple with fresh ingredients lovingly prepared sharing with me the family traditions. As a young girl it appeared to me that my grandmother was always cooking - even before church on Sunday she would start her meal just having to add the finishing touches when we all descended on their home for Sunday dinner. I loved all her cooking although my favorite was her impromptu meals she make just for me when I would top by her home. One of my favorites was her Asparagus and Egg Sandwich, so good I couldn't stop eating.





Asparagus and Eggs Sandwich

2 tablespoon olive oil
one bunch of asparagus cut into 1 inch slices.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 slices Italian bread
olive oil for brushing

Heat olive oil in saute pan adding asparagus, salt and pepper cooking until tender about 10 minutes. Don't brown. In a small bowl combine eggs and Parmesan cheese. Scramble egg mixture with asparagus cooking until eggs are set and not watery. Brush bread with oil. Toast just to golden.
Serve as a sandwich. Makes two sandwiches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party