Quinoa with Fresh tomatoes and Mozzarella



If you have followed my blog you know that I love tomatoes - big juicy heirloom tomatoes in rainbow colors, petite cherry tomatoes colored in bright hues by the sun. I never met a tomato I didn't just want to eat.  Inevitably all the bountiful tomatoes of summer find a place in my cooking either fresh or gently simmered bursting with flavor. Tomatoes and grains are a wonderful pairing to make a light lunch or a tasty side dish. You can use any gain as the base for this recipe, I used Quinoa but I have made this dish with farro or Israel couscous.

Quiona with Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella  

1 cup Quiona, cooked according to package instructions
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic fig vinegar
1 minced clove garlic
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup slice cucumbers
1/2 cup cubed fresh Mozzarella

Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and herbs in bowl mixing with a whisk. Toss Quiona with half of oil mixture and place on plate. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers and mozzarella. Drill with remaining oil mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party