Air Fryer Roasted Beets


I am not much of a kitchen gadget person; basic kitchen tools are my go to for cooking. So when my son purchased an air fryer which he said was perfect for achieving juicy food, crisp on the outside without frying or using oil and suggested I purchase one I didn't give ti too much thought until he gave ma a gift card for Williams Sonoma for Christmas that covered the purchase.

Philips Airfryer with TurboStar Avance from Williams Sonoma. At first I tried the basics, chicken wings, ribs and more. Then I turned to vegetables which I just find fabulous in the air fryer especially beets. Fresh beets are so good for you and in my air fryer a no mess quick method for cooking. After cooking the beets I just store in the refrigerator to use on salads for added flavor and color.  


Air Fryer Beets

3-4 fresh beets, peeled
sea salt

Sprinkle beets with sea salt and place in air fryer. 'Fry' at 400F for 20 minutes. 

I used the cooked beets in my recipe below!







Fresh Beets with Goat Cheese Egg Salad




I was in the mood for egg salad one day but not an ordinary egg salad so I just started mixing some of my favorite ingredients. If I do say so this turned out delicious. I will caution that this egg salad is very rich so just eat a smaller portion with a wonderful salad of fresh vegetables.  My philosophy has always been that you can eat well staying thin and fit if you use portion control of rich foods. I like to balance my meals with more greens and fresh vegetables, less high caloric foods. If I make and eat a rich dish I watch my portion.  Also exercise is essential for staying fit and healthy. Find a physical activity that you enjoy to incorporate into the fabric of your day then you will always have time for exercise!  Back to food I do believe that presentation is so important even if you are eating alone, make it look good!  I made a colorful salad placing a small amount of egg salad in the center, drizzled some balsamic vinegar  for a beautiful and wonderfully tasting dish.  Did I mention so easy too!

Goat Cheese Egg Salad with Red Beets

4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon scallions, minced, just the white part
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup red beets, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
romain lettuce
cherry tomatoes, sliced
baby carrots
1 cooked beet

In a medium bowl, mix eggs and mayonnaise.  Add goat cheese  mixing until combined.  Add scallions, celery, chopped beets, and black pepper.  Line plate with lettuce leaves. Top with egg salad. Decorate with baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and sliced beets. Makes 4 small servings


Enjoy!

www.gooddinnermrsmellen.com

www.buzzchomp.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party