"IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS"

I love Christmas!  Christmas Magic, feeling filled with love and joy, spending time with family and friends, decorating, baking and cooking; and living in New England snow! Each year I promise that I will not go overboard -  curtain my decorating frenzy - embrace a minimalistic style -  each year I break my promise! I can't help myself as I begin opening my stored Christmas decorations-  how can I not use all my beautiful treasures lovingly collected over the years.

And so it begins......  My tradition the day after Thanksgiving is not to rise early for Black Friday,(nothing wrong with a day of retail therapy) I start my day watching the sun rise and decorating for Christmas.  I begin in my dinning room with unpacking my Lenox Holiday china - gifts from my children - washing each piece I remember the Christmases when they were small their eyes filled with anticipation as I opened my special gift  - then I remove all my regular china replacing with my Holiday China. Each year I get so many lovely complements on my china and I love mixing these pieces with my china, also Lenox.




Now I can enjoy the China and I use it all for entertaining and Christmas Eve and Christmas
dinner.





The dinning room gets a fancy dressing to host family holiday meals


 In the living room we go all out with gold decorations on the tree and throughout the room. I have been called a golden girl! I love all that glitters and is gold.

I can't seem to add enough to this fireplace mantel!
 This little gold tree is my first Christmas decoration that my husband and I bought the first year we married. I was walking to work past a display shop where I saw this tree in the window. I went in and asked the owner if I could buy the tree. And although it was not a retail shop he sensed my excitement and sold me the tree for twenty dollars.






Years ago when my oldest son was two years old I made this ceramic Christmas Village. Years later his son, my oldest grandchild loves the village; each he spends hours playing with the village just like his father.





This nativity set was a gift from my mother the first year we were married. She lovingly made the figures in rich colors decorated with jewels - my style!



 My husband Chris many years ago started collection Department 56 Christmas in the City; his collection growing over the years with gift from our children.

In our family room with a high celling we find the tallest tree on the lot and decorate with ornaments given to us by family and friends. The room and the tree is simmering in deep burgundy and - did I say I love gold- gold!





So many wonderful remembrances - memories our family cherishes and we now share with the next generation.

Once I'm finished I sit down with my Christmas cup of Tea china and book to read to my three grandchildren!

So begins 'The most wonderful time of the year'! I didn't forget Christmas songs and carols. I'll say that for another blog.




https://www.amazon.com/Cup-Christmas-Tea-Tom-Hegg/dp/1939881099


Enjoy!

P.S. I'd love to hear about your family traditions!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party