Baked Cod with Panko Parmesan Crust




Cod fish versatility lends to many different toppings. In New England, where beautiful fresh fish is prevalent, many restaurants still serve the traditional Ritz cracker topping which is delicious. I love to create new toppings to enhance the flavor of cod. Being of Italian heritage I gravitate toward Mediterranean flavors used by my family when I was growing up. My recipes are strongly influence by my mother and grandmother who were wonderful cooks and shared their passion with me. I am grateful for and indebted to their high standards, serving wonderfully prepared fresh food flavored with their love of family. I am the cook I am today because of these two exceptional women.


4 cod filets(3 ounces each)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 
1/2 cup unseasoned panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped kalamata oilves
2 teaspoons capers

Preheat oven to 425F.  

Place cod in baking dish then pour lemon juice over. Let sit while preparing the breadcrumb topping. 
In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, oregano, pepper, salt and oil. Toss to mix. 
Cover fish with breadcrumb mixture. Top with tomatoes, oil and capers. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the topping starts to brown. Do not overcook. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serves 4.

Enjoy!


For more recipes and entertaining ideas go to @gooddinnermrsmellen.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

SEARED SCALLOPS