DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TEA BREAD




If you follow my recipes and blog you know that I adore baking. I began my infatuation as a young child by my mother's side, her eager helper. From her I learned to bake delicious cake, pies, and pastries; my first lessons were baking. My mother and grandmother were intuitive cooks who rarely used a formal recipe instead creating delicious meals from scratch - a little this - pinch of that. Baking as my mother shared with me requires a precise measurements and ingredients for the perfect results. I have never forgot her words as we baked together so long ago!

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TEA BREAD 

1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.

Beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy in another bowl. While beating, gradually add sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until mixture is smooth.

Add one-fourth flour mixture to egg mixture alternating with one-third sour cream, beginning and ending with flour; beat just until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.

Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan. Gently loosen edges chocolate loaf with knife and remove from pan.
Slice and arrange on plate then dust lightly with powdered sugar.


Serve with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice-cream.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine Nut Crunch

Mangia, Mangia!

Mandi's Bridal Shower Tea Party